Posted on: 13 April 2021
As a truck driver, you will know that the quality and type of seat that is installed in your UD truck is of paramount importance, as it directly impacts your health, safety and comfort, particularly during those long driving hours. If you need to replace or upgrade your truck seat, you will want to ensure that you select the right type of seat for both you and your truck. A truck seat specialist will be able to advise you on the selection, installation and adjustment of your new seat so that you can stay comfortable at all times, no matter how many hours of driving you do. It's not worth the chronic back pain and related injuries truck drivers often experience due to having the wrong type of seat installed in their truck.
High-quality truck seats include the following features to help you get the most out of your new seat in terms of both safety and comfort.
- Forward and Backward Adjustment: This feature allows the driver to slide the seat forward or backward as required, depending on their individual height and leg length.
- Integral Height Adjustment: Along with being able to adjust the seat forward and backward, it is equally important to be able to adjust the seat's height up or down for safety and comfort.
- Seat Angle Adjustment: Also called swivel, this feature allows the seat angle to be adjusted and locked in at either 0 degrees (forward-facing), or 10 or 20 degrees to the left or right. This helps with forward and backward visibility.
- Cushion Angle Adjustment: This feature allows the seat cushion to be adjusted upward or downward for individual comfort.
- Backrest Adjustment: This is the seat's ability to adjust the upright angle of the backrest, which is essential for posture support and individual comfort.
- Backrest extension and mid-back seat: This feature provides back support when looking backwards. The height of the backrest can also be adjusted for extra back support.
- Sliding Seat: A simple button push will adjust the cushion inward or outward for added comfort.
- Auto Driver Weight Adjustment: This feature allows the driver to set the seat according to their individual weight for better vibration absorption, helping to stop whole-body vibrations that adversely affect the occupant.
- Air springs: Instead of standard steel springs, air springs provide a layer of air to give a more comfortable, smooth ride, no matter how heavy the occupant.
- Shock Damper Adjustment: This option provides the ability to set the damper for varying levels of impact absorption.
- Ride Position Indicator: This handy feature lets the driver know the best ride position for their individual weight, allowing for optimal suspension and the smoothest possible ride.
- Electronic Sensor: This is a pad that detects whether the driver is in the seat. If not, it will stop the truck from operating.
- Seat warmer: This keeps the seat warm.
To learn more, contact a resource that carries options like UD truck seats.Share